Job Summary: The Electrical Engineer role will serve as an engineering team member contributing to a wide range of technical activities in support of JJE’s North American customers and the Farmington Hills operation. This will also include assisting cross functional activities internal to JJE including CAD, quality, manufacturing, purchasing, sales as well as technical design. The product engineer will also fulfill various leadership roles and drive internal technical teams to deliver required results. The competent employment of a range of engineering and analysis tools will be required to accomplish tasks. Further, the role will function to promote and aid in the development of next generation technologies within JJE.
- Responsible for multiple engineering projects either existing or potential
- Ensure the design of electrified powertrain systems meet customer specifications
- Occasionally lead cross-functional teams
- Communicate regularly with customers and suppliers regarding product performance and provide support where necessary
- Oversee and advise design validation test set-ups, conditions and post-test evaluations.
- Assist prototype builds and verify engineering specifications
- Maintain engineering BOM and release status
- Use analysis and modeling tools to evaluate mechanical and/or electrical designs
- Provide feedback and suggest improvements to technical teams
- Participate in engineering reviews, DFMEAs, DFM/DFA, and others
- Coordinate customer engineering changes and requests
- Perform additional responsibilities based on Manager discretion
- Lead weekly customer meetings and provide development status updates and issues tracking.
- Coordinate local and overseas team to track development progress.
- Lead the technical interface and debug issues with the customer.
- Provide on-site support as required.
- Work with internal and external customer teams to create and review the technical specifications, define the software architecture, and project plans.
- Support end to end system integration, testing validation, debugging production issues, and following through with proper resolution.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in development processes, system design and architectures.
- Define appropriate safety levels for software development.
- Diagnose, trouble-shoot and analyze root cause of failures; implement effective solutions.
- Must possess a deep understanding of AC motor control.
- SolidWorks or other CAD software experience as well as Simulink or other modeling software applications
- Understanding of GD and T, blueprint reading, and engineering applications
- Familiarity with AUTOSAR software architecture.
- Familiarity with inverter hardware design.
- Familiarity with calibration/measurement tool, including INCA, CANape, CANanlyzer, etc.
- Ability to incorporate software requirements into software architecture efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork, and excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage work to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving, sense of urgency and strong attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience of developing power inverter hardware or software
- Minimum five years’ experience in developing power inverter for electric vehicle.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with automotive OE customers.
- Proven track record of working and leading local and overseas teams.
- Demonstrated software development, testing, hardware integration, and release processes experience.
Contact Email: email@example.com