The Sr. Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Engineer is a member of the Operations team. This position is responsible for facilitating environmental safety, health, and strategy in an organization to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and Local policies and standards relevant to the organization. This position is the leader of EHS group and is tasked with leading and implementing projects that help the site achieve its EHS goals.
- Function as a technical resource in developing/revising training programs and providing expertise on all EHS related issues within the operations
- Offer guidance to site team on risk assessment and risk prediction to mitigate risk of task-based activities as well as facilitate safety team meetings, problem solving teams/meetings and EHS planning meetings within the organization
- Actively contribute to establishing company-wide best practices and standards for EHS in a launch environment and help champion a culture that promote environmental health and safety focusing on leading indicators that can deliver world class EHS culture.
- Assessing operations and initiating programs to ensure compliance with applicable EHS policies, regulations, principles, and practices
- Support in the identification, analysis, and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of engineering knowledge, skill, and abilities
- Identify pre-injury trends during audits, verify compliance with established safety/health procedures, and recommend appropriate actions
- Follow-up on suggested corrective actions, and must also use injury exposure and incidents as parameters to measure progress toward the attainment of factory/plant safety goals
- Provide support in managing the EHS Rewards and Recognition Program
- Responsible for developing the EHS annual site budget to control fixed and variable cost expenditures
- Work together with Line Managers/supervisors when coordinating investigation of incidents and injuries to achieve accurate and timely completion
- Provide feedback on operational safety and environmental performance regularly
- Support the SHE Pillars, associated sub-committees
- Support the company’s framework for site and employee safety teams and provide instruction and training to supervisors on EHS framework initiatives
- Provide EHS reports such as OSHA/MIOSHA, RCRA, SARA, and EPA reports per scheduled deadlines
- Publish corporate EHS standards that ensure company compliance with regional governmental requirements
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required; Master’s degree desirable
- At least seven (7) years of related experience in an automotive manufacturing environment required
- Must be familiar standards and areas of compliance for automotive manufacturing, including OSHA, MIOSHA, ISO, etc.
- Must have previously used problem-solving processes, including 8D, 5 Why, Six Sigma, Cause/Effect, etc.
- This position will be located in the production work environment. The incumbent will be required to wear personal protective equipment, including but may not be limited to safety glasses, hearing protection and protective footwear (steel-toe shoes).
- Standing and walking for prolonged periods of time
- Prolonged periods of sitting to perform data entry and to read, create and/or analyze reports or presentations
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org