Job Summary:This position is responsible for hardware specification, circuit design, component selection, schematic
and PCB layout review for inverter, DC/DC converter, and control units. Responsible for detailed
component selection, and board circuit design. Required to support hardware team. Responsible to
support design, manufacture, and implementation of automotive power electronics design.
• Design and develop 300V to 700V Inverter drives, Isolated phase shifted DC/DC converters,
analog, digital control circuitry and flyback power supplies selecting appropriate technologies
and components. Create technical specification for power electronic.
• Circuit design and component selection for gate drives with switching frequency from 10kHz to
100kHz, 3kW DC/DC converters, power supplies, and control boards.
• Interact with customers and analyze and implement customer’s specifications.
• Supporting and reviewing full schematic design, component placing and PCB layout using Altium
• Support design reviews and worst-case circuit analysis.
• Develop validation procedures for DVT and PVP&R.
• Build BOM and manufacturing packages; build, test and troubleshoot boards.
• Develop reliability plans, failures mitigation plans, DFMEA.
• Define appropriate safety levels for new products.
• Select most suitable building processes, materials, and assembly procedures
• Diagnose, trouble-shoot and analyze root cause of failures; implement effective solutions.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet customer requirements and objectives.
• Identify issues or obstacles and work on their resolution.
• Bachelor’s in electrical engineering or electronic systems required, master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of five years’ experience required in high voltage power electronics development for
• In-depth knowledge and design experience in power electronics, specifically in high voltage
inverter drives in the range of 300V to 700V up to 150kW, and DC/DC converters up to 3kW.
• Knowledge of semiconductor such as IGBTs, MOSFETs, and SiC devices. Expertise in gate drive
design with switching frequency from 10kHz to 100kHz.
• Extensive design experience in controllers, gate drive, snubbers, power stage, and power
supplies. Circuit analysis: power dissipation, stress, isolation & grounding, and EMI shielding
• Solid knowledge of characteristics of magnetics, including transformer and inductor sizing, and
limitations of magnetic cores.
• Hands on extensive working knowledge of the real and practical design and analysis of inverters,
and DC/DC converters, analog and digital circuits, switching circuits, and mixed signal circuits.
Laboratory experience fabricating, evaluating & qualifying designs to requirements.
• In-depth understanding and working knowledge of MC, DSPs and CPLDs. Infineon, Freescale, TI,
• Proficient in Schematic capture, PCB design layout, release, and validation. Experience with
• Must possess a strong understanding of thermal analysis, mechanical and packaging challenges
• Experience in specifying, mechanizing, integrating, testing and validation of high voltage power
electronics. DFMEA. Design knowledge for products with high reliability, with low losses and
• Ability to coordinate multiple power electronics projects, and excellent analytical and problemsolving skills.
• Strong teamwork, and excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to work
• Bilingual (English/Mandarin) is highly desirable.
• Preferred knowledge of functional safety (ISO 26262) and ASIL level requirements.
• Electric motor control theory knowledge and experience, highly desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit for long periods of time. Employee must be able to work in close contact with small
and large groups. Frequent hearing and talking is required.
Travel including occasional overnight travel is required. The employee must be able to safely drive
an automobile to and from client sites. International travel required.
Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
Contact Email: email@example.com